Friday, September 9, 2011

Bittersweet feelings...

So fall is fast approching, meaning another season has flown by without me noticing it. Another season that I spent with my little man, and one less to spend with him later. Nicolas is turning 2! Next week he will be another year older. And this is what is bittersweet. I feel like the last 2 years have flown by. I have been going to school and I will be finishing up this semester, and will have to go to work. I am not complaining, but I do dread leaving Nicolas during the day. He is so attached to me, obviously since it is just me and him when dad's at work. (Good news about that as well!) He hates when I even leave the room, and really shows it. But with him going to start preschool next year, it is necessary for him to learn that I cannot always be with him. It just has to be that way. We aren't doing a party for his birthday. Quite frankly, money is just too tight for us to do that. The extra money we do have, I would like to spend on birthday presents, or a big birthday present, instead of feeding other people, who really don't care to be there anyway. So for his birthday, we are having a dinner here, his favorite, and a cake for us, and the weekend following, there is a HUGE festival where everyone gets together and goes downtown and does crafts, etc. He has LOVED everyone of these that we have been too, so we are going to have a family day out of it for him. Plus we are taking him to a football game, so that in it's own is the sh*t to him. :) The boyfriend got a promotion at work, meaning garunteed hours, and more pay. So this was great news. Considering the week that we have had, it was a huge ray of sunshine. We never get into fights, but when we do, it's usually huge. And one of those fights happened the other night. We are okay now, after talking it out, but it still made the week a not very good one. Weightloss Update: I haven't been able to hit the gym as much as I would like, but I am still making progress. I have lost another pound, and I feel pretty good. As said before, I wasn't worried about loosing so much weight, as I am about just feeling better. And I already am. :) I have so much on my to do list, that I can't even focus on one thing at a time. I have grad apps to fill out, which had to be postponed because the site was down, I have to update my resume, fill out applications, because if I can get a job, I'm going for it. So anyways, guess I should finish this off and head off to do that. :) xoxo; Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment