Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Eyebrows...

I hate eyebrows.

Maybe I should say that I hate the upkeep of them.

I am one of those people who need to do something to them at least 2x a week.  And I have an avid hate for tweezers.  I hate to admit that I get them waxed and sometimes I just can't bring myself to mess with the horrid tweezers until the next time I get them waxed.

Insert embarrassment here! 

So I found a couple tips from friends that I am going to share and try myself. 

1)  Tweeze when you get OUT of the shower...not before.  I remember learning in one of my med classes when we were doing the skin chapters of text, that the pores open up with heat.  So if you do it when you are out of the shower, or use a hot rag on the area for a few, this should make it less painful to pull. 

2)  Use ice to numb the area.  I have been told to watch though, and not hurt by pulling the skin instead.  Ice can be a numbing agent, so sweep the ice on your brows for a minute and wipe the water off, and there ya go.

3) Pull in the direction of the hairgrowth.  This one, I have done and it definitely helps some.

Just don't overpluck...I know from experience, it can be a pretty ugly sight! 

If you have any tips or ideas, please let me know!  Maybe I can get myself into the habit of this and not be a big baby about it. :)  And let me know if you have tried any of them...I plan (just plan...not sure yet when!) to use these when I do mine again. 

Also, I apologize for not having any images. I am new to the blogging thing, and still am trying to figure things out. So if you have any tips for that, definitly let me know! =)

xoxo,
jen
Linking up! Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment